Making a dent in the universe or solving the world’s biggest problems requires a TON of hard work.
It also involves countless risks, setbacks, and restarts.
Many of my own victories have been “overnight successes, after 11 years of hard work.”
While some people are lucky, most success stories require recovering one more time, facing the challenge, and beginning again. Over and over.
So how do you fuel that persistence?
It involves getting clarity on your “Massively Transformative Purpose” (or MTP), and the emotional energy that powers it.
In today’s blog, I’m going to discuss what it means to have a Purpose-Driven Mindset and how you can develop one.
I believe that a single person, driven by their Massively Transformative Purpose, can change the world.
So, what’s your purpose?
Let’s dive in…
: A Purpose-Driven Mindset is one of the key Mindsets that I coach entrepreneurs on during my Abundance 360 Mastermind every January.
The Importance of Having an MTP
A Massively Transformative Purpose is central to a Purpose-Driven Mindset.
Here are the attributes of an effective MTP:
- It’s uniquely yours…
- It feels true for you (you are proud of it)…
- It’s driven by emotional energy (Wonder, Awe, Excitement, Pain…), that fuels your drive to pursue big dreams…
- You are willing to commit your life to it.
As an individual, your MTP is what wakes you up in the morning and gets you excited.
For example, my personal MTP is:
“To inspire and guide entrepreneurs to create a hopeful, compelling and abundant future for humanity.”
Do you have an MTP? Are you currently living it?
The objective of a Purpose-Driven Mindset (an MTP) is perhaps best summed up by a quote from my friend Tom Bilyeu’s father: “Find something you would die for, and live for it.”
With a Purpose-Driven Mindset…
(1) You seek to find, refine or update your Massively Transformative Purpose (MTP). You know that during these exponential times, your impact can be greater than at any time in history, and you adjust your MTP accordingly.
(2) You live a passion-driven life, and you use your MTP as the canvas upon which you plan and execute your future Moonshots. You know that purpose, powered by emotion, is the fuel required to implement your Moonshots.
(3) You actively seek out tools and communities like Abundance 360 to amplify and support your MTP.
(4) You understand that an MTP is fueled by your emotional energy and is something that is unique to you.
(5) You fully embrace your MTP and are proud to share it with the world. As a leader, you use your MTP to attract top talent, partners, and investors.
(6) As an entrepreneur, you increasingly focus your capabilities and resources on creating solutions that transform whole markets and industries.
So, are you living a life of purpose? What would change in your personal or work life if you had a Purpose-Driven Mindset?
One of the first steps to developing a Purpose-Driven Mindset is to create your MTP.
Here are some questions to help you explore your purpose…
- If I gave you $1 billion to change the world, what would you do with it?
- What area has given you the greatest excitement and wonder?
- What is an injustice you’ve experienced that needs to be solved?
- What did you want to do as a kid before the world told you “No”?
Join Me at Abundance 360 this January!
If a Purpose-Driven Mindset is important to you… If understanding how you can create more purpose in your personal and work life is something you desire, then consider joining my Abundance 360 Mastermind .
Every year, my team and I select a group of 360 entrepreneurs and CEOs to coach over the course of a year-long program. A360 starts each January with a live event and continues every two months with Implementation Workshops, in which I personally coach members in small groups over Zoom. (In 2021, you have a choice of live “in-person” or “virtual” participation. See the A360 website for more info.)
My mission is to help A360 members identify their MTP, select their moonshot, and hone an Abundance, Exponential, and Longevity Mindset. Together we will actively select and reinforce your preferred mindsets.
Originally published at https://www.diamandis.com.