Who Will Lead “In-Home Healthcare” by 2026?
I asked our community to predict which entity would lead in-home healthcare in 6 years:
- A new startup we haven’t heard of yet
- An existing traditional healthcare player
- Or the government!?
3,500 participated in the prediction challenge, and the verdict is in!
>>> If you haven’t participated in the prediction poll yet, give it a try here.
Who won, and why?
First of all, both “ government” (2.85%) and “ existing healthcare companies “ (3.66%) received minimal support… setting us up for a significant change later this decade.
But with nearly 29% of the vote — winning by a landslide — was “a startup we’ve never heard of”…
… And here were the top 2 reasons:
- “It will require a new approach, [of] which established organization[s] with vested interests cannot conceive.”
- “Entrenched businesses impede innovative solutions. Startups are free to fail.”
But what about the runner-ups?
For the first time, we ran a FutureLoop “Sudden Death Elimination” phase to see which candidate won second place in the prediction challenge. Here are the results:
While Amazon garnered only 20% in round 2 of the challenge, Apple and Alphabet (Google’s parent company) each captured about 40% of the support, with Google/Alphabet taking the slight lead…
Check out the results below!
You can look at prediction breakdowns by industry, title and expertise here.
And to check out the most highly upvoted reasons for Apple, Google/Alphabet, and the other candidates, go here!
So how are Exponential Technologies solving COVID-19?
AI, Robotics, 3D printing, Gene Therapy, CRISPR, Drones, AR and VR are converging to address the COVID-19 pandemic. To get it all in one place and find out how the FutureLoop community thinks exponential technologies are impacting COVID-19, click here to join the discussion on our new (free) Facebook group!
(1) Abundance Digital Online Community: Join my Digital online community of bold, abundance-minded entrepreneurs called Abundance Digital. Abundance Digital is Singularity University’s ‘onramp’ for exponential entrepreneurs — those who want to get involved and play at a higher level. Click here to learn more.
(2) Join FutureLoop: Over the past 2 years, I’ve built a machine-learning algorithm that scrapes the world’s news, science journals and social feeds every day to understand how exponential technologies are impacting specific topics & industries. It’s called FutureLoop.
A few weeks ago, I launched “FutureLoop Pandemic Special Edition,” a daily comprehensive update on the impact of exponential technologies (AI, Robotics, Drones, Cellular Medicine, CRISPR, Networks & Sensors) on the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you participate, FutureLoop will update you every day on the latest breakthroughs in detection, prevention & cure of the COVID-19. This product is still in Beta, but it’s powerful, high-quality info, and it’s free.
Your mindset is your most important tool during this pandemic. Making sure you are consuming the right information is critical to maintaining that mindset. FutureLoop offers “Data-Driven Optimism.”
You can subscribe here. It’s free, fun + fast (20 seconds).
Originally published at https://www.diamandis.com.